The eight continuing areas of activity are grouped into three target areas and together form the medium-term grant-making cluster of Gebert Rüf Stiftung. It does not act in isolation but interlinks its activities among themselves as well as within a series of project partnerships and in doing so aims to increase the effectiveness of its grantmaking activities. In the area of innovation promotion it cooperates with people and institutions with similar objectives. The networking strategy serves to combine strengths.
The target area «Science & Entrepreneurship» supports entrepreneurially based links between science and the real world:
- Area of activity «Venture Kick»: The Swiss pre-seed fund for start-up projects
- Area of activity «BREF – First Ventures»: Graduates of universities of applied sciences as start-up founders.
- Area of activity «Microbials – Direct Use of Micro-Organisms»: Direct use of micro-organisms in the healthcare and technology sectors.
- Area of activity «DesignPlus»: Integration of design and technology.
- Area of activity «Pilot projects»: Model university projects with potential.
The target area «Public understanding of science» promotes dialogue between science and society.
- Area of activity «Scientainment»: novel, low-threshold forms of science communication.
- Area of activity «Swiss South Caucasus Net – SSCN»: Promotion of education and development projects in South Caucasus.
The target area «Foundations & Switzerland» aims to develop Switzerland as a foundation location and the Swiss foundation sector:
- Area of activity «Foundation & Switzerland»: Reinforcing the Swiss foundation sector with philanthropic know-how.